I’m from the UK originally; growing up in London where I subsequently studied medicine in St. Bartholomew’s Hospital (Barts). After a postgraduate training involving General Surgery; original research and specialist training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, I was appointed a Consultant Plastic Surgeon in South East London’s Teaching Hospitals: Guy’s, St. Thomas’ and King’s College with a joint appointment to St John’s Hospital for Diseases of the Skin within St Thomas’ Hospital. I practiced privately from the Harley Street Clinic.
I married a New Zealander and once we’d produced two children, the decision to move our family to New Zealand to raise them followed. I am equally passionate about my profession and my family and I now split my time equally between the two.
- A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
- A Specialist Intercollegiate Fellow in Plastic Surgery in both the UK (ISB) and Europe (EBOPRAS)
- A clinical researcher with a PhD; 24 peer-review publications and an invited author in Bailey & Love – worldwide the best selling postgraduate surgical text book.
- On the Vocational Register of the Medical Council of New Zealand as a Specialist in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (MCNZ)
- A member of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- An International Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) – serving on the international committee since 2005.
My Consultant experience since 2004 spans:
- Surgical treatment and reconstruction after melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
- Breast surgery – especially breast uplift breast reduction and breast augmentation.
- Surgical rejuvenation after dramatic weight loss – usually after patients have undergone surgery to lose weight after which they require specialized cosmetic techniques; often applied in combination to remove their excess skin and soft tissues to improve both their appearance and their self-esteem. These patients often have multiple problem areas and because of their stomach surgery they also have nutritional deficits which affect their healing.
- LASER; IPL and surgical treatment of children and adults with pigmented and vascular skin blemishes.
- All aspects of cosmetic surgery and appearance medicine (Botox™ and skin and soft tissue fillers)